Here’s the perfect guide to help you have the best date in Fredericksburg, VA
The city of Fredericksburg is popular because of its malls, bustling downtown area, vineries, and multiple monuments of much historical significance. Fredericksburg played an important role during The Civil War as well as the events leading to the Civil Rights Movement. The city is steeped in colonial history as well.
If you and your paramour are history enthusiasts, then we recommend you to visit Fredericksburg. We have brought to you some out of box ideas for having a superb date in Fredericksburg. So read on.
Visit The Fredericksburg National Cemetery
- This cemetery is a grim reminder of the precious lives that were lost during the bloody Civil War. Fredericksburg and adjoining areas became grounds for multiple battles between the opposing armies of Union and Confederate. More than 15,000 soldiers shed blood on these grounds. All soldiers have been laid to rest in Fredericksburg National Cemetery.
A sad fact about the cemetery is that of all the 15,000 soldiers that have been buried, less than 2500 were identified. The remaining graves are unidentified and unnamed. The National Cemetery is an extension of the military park. You can visit it at any time from dawn till dusk.
- Even though it is not a happy place, it is one of the strongest reminders of America’s bloodied history.
Fredericksburg/Spotsylvania National Military Park
The National Military Park has been constructed in commemoration of the four battles in Fredericksburg and adjoining areas during the Civil War. These bloody battles took place in Fredericksburg, The Wilderness, Chancellorsville, and Spotsylvania. The National Military Park hosts the following four buildings that are of much historical significance:
- Chatham Manor
- Stonewall Jackson’s last home
- Ellwood Manor
- Salem Church
The National Military Park also hosts two visitor centers. They are inundated with exhibits and information related to the park. Arrangements are made for guided walking tours around the parks and battlefields.
Eileen’s Bakery and Cafe
- Whereas Fredericksburg has much to offer in terms of historical monuments, there is a lot more to it as well. The local cafes and restaurants offer delicious food. Eileen’s Bakery and Cafe is located at 1115 Caroline St. Their shops are inundated with fresh and delicious bread and pastries. They procure fresh and self-grown ingredients for making their special pastries.
Along with that, you will find a wide variety of soups, salads, sandwiches, and baked goods at this exotic cafe. You can enjoy a hearty meal or breakfast by munching on freshly baked snacks and topping it up with coffee and espresso. Reconnect with your love by having a lovely date at the amazing Eileen’s Bakery and Cafe.
Pay A Visit to The Haunted Chimneys Manor
- The modern-day Fredericksburg is a bustling and happening city, but this has not been the case always. The city was ravaged with wars, bloodshed, and gore during the 19th century. Lots of people lost their lives in the battles that ensued during the 18th and 19th centuries. Hence, a city like Fredericksburg is bound to have a few ghosts here and there.
The Chimneys is a grandiose haunted manor that was constructed by Charles Yates around 1772. Ever since its construction, it has been occupied by multiple families. It seems that all who died in this manor, did not completely abandon it even in death.
- Multiple people have reported strange sightings such as back and forth rocking of empty chairs, decoration pieces falling to the floor, doors swinging, and sounds of footsteps out of nowhere.
If you and your paramour have an interest in the paranormal, then a visit to The Chimneys is a must.
This information has been brought to you by The Boom Matchmaking. They offer matchmaking services to singles residing in Centra Virginia.