What is an instant turnoff for men? Here are some things men find awkward
Men and women are like magnets. Both genders are attracted to each other on multiple sublevels. Men are usually less picky and more generous with their approval for females. Yet there are some traits common to most women which are instant turn-offs for men.
Let us look at 5 awkward things women do which can make them unattractive in the eyes of their men.
Insecurity and Jealousy
Insecurity can be an instant turnoff for men. It is natural to be possessive about your partner. It shows that you care and value your partner and do not wish to share him with anyone. Men enjoy casual possessiveness which takes over their women in certain situations.
- However, when possessiveness translates into jealousy, insecurity, and doubt, you should know that your relationship has entered into dangerous territory. Jealousy is a reflection of one’s insecurity and a sign of low self-esteem. When you question your man over petty issues, it sends him a signal that you don’t trust him. If this attitude prolongs, it can be a deal-breaker for guys.
Healthy and open communication is the key to resolving trust issues.
Loading Up on Tons of Makeup
- Women love makeup and enjoy being dolled up every now and then. Men appreciate it when their wife or girlfriend makes the effort to look attractive to them. However, loading up on tons of makeup every day is quite a turn-off for men. If you cannot leave your home without putting on multiple layers of makeup it might mean that you are not comfortable with your natural beauty and are insecure about your looks.
A study made in The Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology revealed that many women believe the more the merrier when it comes to makeup. They overestimate the role cosmetics can play in making them attractive. The truth is men like to see their women in their natural element and glory.
- While the use of excessive makeup is not a dealbreaker for most guys – unless they are shallow and vain – it is definitely a turn-off. Gauge your man’s reactions whenever you apply makeup and accommodate his opinions, likes, and dislikes.
Inability to Appreciate Good Humor
Sometimes life gets rough and we all need light-hearted humor to sweeten and brighten it up. Men need a companion who can enjoy humor and sarcasm and doesn’t shy from giving some back to them. Everybody perceives jokes and humor differently. An overly-sensitive woman who cannot handle jokes is perceived to be a spoilsport.
- Learn to appreciate your boyfriend’s jokes and spicy humor. Sharing laughter and smiles strengthens a relationship. Don’t spoil a good evening by overthinking and arguing over a simple joke.
Comparisons with Ex-Boyfriends
Some women have a habit of guilt-tripping their man by drawing exaggerated and over the top comparisons with ex-boyfriends or husbands. It breeds insecurity in a man and he feels the pressure to live up to the standards set by a flamboyant ex of yours. This pressure will create a crack in your relationship which might widen to become a gulf and will ultimately devour your relationship.
- If you are in a healthy and stable relationship, avoid any conversation which involves your ex. Your previous relationships were in the past. Bringing them up every now and then will give the expression that you are not over them which will be detrimental for your relationship.
Being a Gossip Girl
- Gossips are an instant turnoff for men! Girls are twice as chatty as men. They love to talk and express. They also love to gossip about other people and dish out their opinions. Men are mostly not interested in listening to who wore what and who said what. They want peace, serenity and want to spend quality time with you which is free of gossip and backbiting.
With so many things that are an instant turnoff for men, finding love can be as tricky as maintaining a relationship successfully. If you are single and residing in Central Virginia, we recommend you to look up Bloom Matchmaking. It is a premium matchmaker which helps people find a companion on the basis of their interest, likes, and dislikes