Here are some pretty amazing tips for a killer romantic vacation in Fredericksburg, VA
Fredericksburg is a historic city located in Virginia. It is known for its breweries, restaurants, museums, and monuments that are steeped in history. This city played an essential role during The Civil War and has occupied a central place for the development of the Civil Rights Movement.
It is situated at the midpoint of Richmond and Washington D.C. which makes it a convenient holiday spot for people residing in either city. If you are interested in exploring Fredericksburg with your paramour, we recommend you to plan a romantic weekend getaway.
The Bloom Matchmaking has planned the perfect weekend vacation for you and your loved one. So read on.
Itinerary for Saturday
- If this is your first time in Fredericksburg, we recommend you start your journey by visiting George Washington’s Ferry Farm. The first American President spent his early years on that farm. It is steeped in history and unlike a museum, the visitors are allowed to touch and lift the objects to examine them closely.
Your next stop can be at Chatham Manor. It is a historic manor that provides a grandiose and wholesome view of Fredericksburg that stretches over the Rappahannock River. Do not forget to take a few pictures of this magnificent manor.
- After visiting these two places, you must be hungry so it will be time to have lunch. Visit the downtown market and find FoodE. It is a renowned local restaurant that procures its ingredients from local markets and nearby farms. FoodE serves delicious fried chicken. Fill up on delicious chicken and gear up for afternoon shenanigans.
Next, plan a trip to the Fredericksburg Visitor Center and ride on a tram for a 75-minutes historic tour around Downtown Fredericksburg. You will be accompanied by a veteran historian who will educate you about the historic battles that took place in Fredericksburg and all the famous people who lived here at one point.
Day one comes to an end.
Itinerary for Sunday
- Start your second day with a delicious and energetic breakfast at Mercantile. It is located in the Historic Downtown area and is owned by Chef Joy. Her bacon-jalapeno pinwheel is a treat for the taste buds. You can also try a fruit waffle that is topped with citrus syrup. After having a hearty breakfast, it is time to head off to explore the rest of the city.
Start your day by visiting the A. Smith Bowman Distillery. They offer free wine tasting. Bowman Distillery is one of the oldest distilleries. It specializes in producing vodka, rum, gin, spirits, and artisanal bourbons. In fact, the bourbon produced by Bowman Distillery has won the award for the world’s best bourbon.
- Enjoy the free tastings and do not forget to take a picture of spirits-themed LOVEwork.
Your next stop should be Hugh Mercer’s Apothecary Shop. It is a vintage apothecary shop that first came into existence in the 18th century. Dr. Mercer was the first physician at the Apothecary Shop and he treated multiple renowned persons from that era such as George Washington’s mother.
- The apothecary will remind you of the bizarre medical practices of the Colonial eras. The museum displays a collection of eccentric medical instruments that were used in the 18th century. The creepiest of all is alive leeches which were known for curing multiple ailments during that time.
End your day by having a delicious dinner at Orofino Restaurant located in the Downtown area. It is an Italian restaurant that excels in homemade pasta.
We hope that you and your date will have an incredible and intellectually-fulfilling time at Freidrisckburg. However, if you are single and looking for love, contact Bloom Matchmaking. They offer matchmaking services in Central Virginia.