The coronavirus pandemic has changed the way we live our lives – at least for the time being and for foreseeable future. While millions around the world are locked down in their respective countries, dating has taken a huge hit just like any other industry including tourism.
While a lot of things have come to a complete halt, dating isn’t something that you have to completely write off from your to-do list, even in these prying times. We sat down with matchmakers like Bloom Matchmaker services to discuss how people can still date during the Covid-19 crisis.
Right now, since we are all practicing social distancing and self-isolation, the best way to meet new people is through online platforms and dating apps.
Go on a Virtual Date
- It is perfectly fine to date using video chat these days. A lot of mobile applications and dating sites have already been doing this for a very long time but now is the perfect time to try this way of meeting and dating new people.
In fact, many experts argue going on a virtual date is actually much safer than going on a traditional, face-to-face date. How is this possible? Video chat allows you to discover a new person while you are sitting in your living room. Many experts encourage talking to a person through means of text messages or video chat to get to know them better before you go out on a date.
- So if you’re new to online dating, here are some steps you need to take to pull this off.
Set a Time With Your Date
- If you’re using a dating application, you don’t really have to worry about setting a time. But if you are using a matchmaking service that helps you connect with new people after matching your profile with theirs, then you’ll need to set a time.
Your matchmaker should be able to do this for you, or you can just send your schedule to your date or the love coach so that the two of you can meet through video chat in a time when both of you are free from other matters.
Remain Calm During Your Video Session
- Many of us are trapped within our homes right now, but that doesn’t mean you have to bring a sad and depressed face to a meeting. Remember, the first impression is important and social distancing does not mean that you can’t show the best of you.
For both ladies and gents, it is still very important to look your best before you start your virtual date. Wear makeup, brush your hair, wear a fancy dress, and just remain calm throughout the meeting.
- Matchmaking experts also recommend keeping your surroundings clean for the camera. In other words, clean the room, hideaway the dirty dishes, shift dirty clothes to the laundry basket, and make sure you are sitting in your best room.
Don’t Chat for Hours
- The video chat session doesn’t have to last hours. Experts recommend 30 minutes are enough to figure out if the match is good. Stay open and let the other person know that you’ve had enough for one meeting. Don’t feel guilty for wrapping things up.
Make Sure You’re Laptop is Connected to Power
- There are a lot of people out there who forget about charging their laptops. So it is always a good idea to connect your laptop to a nearby power source in case you run out of battery. We suggest fully charging your laptop or cell phone before you begin your virtual date.
Matchmakers Are The Best Option for Dating During Coronavirus
- While there are several online dating applications and websites, most of these try to scam people with shady tactics and fake profiles. During coronavirus lock-down, more and more people are trying to scam each other through these platforms.
If you are struggling to find a date on these platforms, try matchmaking services today. A matchmaker has a network of singles that they can tap in when you are looking for someone new. Give them your full profile and they will send your way verified dates that match your personality, how much easier can it get than that?
Bloom Matchmaking has been providing matchmaking services in Central Virginia for years and we have helped people meet their life partners for a very long time. We will continue to help people find their perfect partner even during the Coronavirus pandemic. So get in touch with us today and let us help you out with your dating life in these difficult times.