So, you’ve showered, wore your best dress, and put up makeup – you’re all geared up for your first zoom date and you’re feeling super nervous, anxious, and as well as excited. Now the only question is, what exactly are you going to talk about?
Like many other people, you’ve probably not experienced a zoom date before. Due to coronavirus pandemic, this has become the norm, and as soon as you get used to it, the better. If you are clueless as to what you will say or talk about, don’t worry.
Bloom Matchmaking presents 5 important questions to ask your zoom date. By asking the right things, the natural flow of conversation will begin automatically for you and you’ll have a great time. So without further ado, here are the questions you should be asking.
What Were You doing Before You Came Online?
- This is an excellent way to kickstart a conversation because it does not feel forced. Find out what were they working on before they joined you on zoom for an online date. This will not only help you begin the conversation but will also get you insight into what your date does when they have spare time.
This question can easily push your conversation to a whole new direction with follow-up questions, and if you’re lucky, you may get asked the same.
Where Would They Want to Go if This Date Wasn’t Online?
- This is a very good question because it will give you an idea about what your date thinks about dating. This will immediately reveal what they like and dislike when it comes to going out. You may even be able to find out about their hobbies and interest through this simple question.
As a cherry on the top, when your date has finished telling you about where they would have gone if this wasn’t an online thing, you can begin fantasizing about the things the two of you’ll do together once this quarantine is over.
What Do They Miss The Most Right Now?
- It is okay to talk about the coronavirus pandemic because it is a worldwide thing and everyone is dealing with it. So don’t hesitate to ask your date about what they are missing the most while staying at home.
This question will put you both in a perfect balance – first, it will acknowledge that both of you are going through a tough time, and second, it will help open your date in sharing their feelings and emotions. This is the perfect time to listen to what your date has to say because it will tell you what they value the most.
What Was The Last Place They Traveled To?
- Research suggests that talking about traveling is the most popular topic for a first-date conversation. It really is no surprise since a lot of people love traveling around the world with their partners.
With this question, you’ll learn more about your date’s preference when it comes to traveling the globe. Do they like going to the beaches? Or do they love sightseeing in far-off wonderful places?
- If you strike the right chords, you may even discover that you have both been to the same place. From there on you can talk about all the exciting things you did when you were in the place. Don’t forget to brag about your last trip if your date loves traveling. This is probably going to put them in a good mood and you’ll have hundreds of things to discuss.
What Are They Looking Forward To Right Now?
- It is always a good idea to keep the conversation going on during the first date, especially given the fact that the current situation is so stressful. This question will encourage the both of you to talk about the good things currently going in your lives and will help maintain a positive tone.
Ready to Find Your Partner?
- If the COVID-19 situation has completely stopped your dating life, then don’t worry. Bloom Matchmaking is still fully operational and our team of expert matchmakers is still working hard to find people great singles to date with.
The only thing that has changed is that instead of taking your date outside, you’ll be talking to them online through zoom or any other chatting software. If you want to restart your dating life, get in touch with us and let us help you find someone.